Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Pictures, Less Post

I'm sure there are a few of you out there that have been doubting us on a few fronts...
1) That I (Melanie) am still living
2) That we did in fact purchase a new house like we claimed to

Well, I am still alive and well, even though packing, unpacking, and cleaning an apartment and a house felt like it might have killed me, and we really did buy and move into a new house. In honor of our first house guest, Mr. Brian F. Hansen, who's visit motivated us to get things done, here are the pictures to prove it...

The Homestead

There are 3 stages for these photos: Construction, Night Before, and Settled. Hopefully you can tell which is which.

Basement (We'll start at the bottom): Note our sweet new washer & dryer


Front/Living Room

Kitchen/Dining Room

Guest Bedroom: Note Gibby and Gary hanging out on the bed


Master Bedroom/Bath


And we do have a third bedroom that we are using as an office, but there aren't any pictures for that yet as it hasn't made it to the "Settled" stage yet.

Oh yeah, and our AWESOME backyard:

We are officially open for business and accepting visitors. And if you're lucky we'll have a real bed in the guest room by the time you make it out...sorry Brian...



12 comments:

jaime said...

well look at you guys. home owners.
who'd of thought...

now for my thoughts:
1)love love love the kitchen. fabulous.
2)i am a big fan of the striped wall in the dining room. very classy.
3) the green paint in the guest room? fantastic.

well done. i officially accept your invite to visit. expect me in february.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. Looks fancy. Hopefully you will still be open for business and accepting visitors come next February. I think this puts you in the "they are settled" category. The only way I could be in the "settled" category is by having a child in my first year of marriage. Well done.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Beautiful House.

Alice H said...

Congratulations! Your house looks amazing - and what a backyard! I'm going to eat a chocolate chip cookie in honor of your town today. (I can't get over how cool that aspect of where you live is...)

Anonymous said...

Seriously, your back yard is BY FAR the best aspect of your house. When are you going to turn it into a baseball diamond/full basketball court/soccer field/shuffleboard arena? I ain't coming til it's ALL there.

buffyvandabailey said...

Your kitchen is OUTSTANDING. The fridge. Oooh, the fridge.

JoEllen said...

Nice work guys! Looks lovely. I would love to come visit. Unfortunately for me, it probably won't be anytime soon...

jaime said...

oh kent.

you failed the test.

i moved your link to see how it would affect my ranking...a lo-and-behold i dropped.

tell you what. i'll move you back if you move me.

(this reminds me of why we were never "linkup" friends. pure stubborness on both parts.)

jaime said...

KENT!!!

i didn't eliminate you my dear dear friend. i would never do such a thing...

i simply moved your link over to the family blog. (i'm slowly moving all my links to the family blog.)

and p.s. i actually did that BEFORE you moved me.

can we be friends again?
please?

p.s.s. i hope you know i am just giving you a hard time... i mean honestly, rankings shmankings.

Kristin said...

Gorgeous. I love it!! You two are pros.

Anonymous said...

So did BFH really come? He's going to never get any sleep in the guest room. He'll stay up all night playing with Gary and Gabby!
Neil G.

Brian said...

Sorry it took me so long to read your post, so I don't know if you'll ever read this, but...that sure is a lot of work you guys have done! I had no idea that you did all that. How insensitive of me not to ask you about that when I was there. But everything was great, ESPECIALLY the guest bed with my two favorite hosts waiting to greet me (Gary and Gibby, of course).