Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Melrose Place

Kent thinks he's so funny...Some of us have to do real work during the day rather than kill all the hours surfing the net...

Anyway, about a week ago we (mostly I) celebrated our 3 month anniversary by taking a nice stroll into downtown Melrose. There is a really cute (dare I say it!) Main Street that has brick front buildings and looks just as a town center should. So we walked down Main Street and had dinner at Turner's Seafood. When we moved into the new apartment they gave us a gift certificate, so we figured it was worth trying out.

Kent wanted to take some pictures of the surroundings so you could all see just how adorable our new town of Melrose is. This way maybe we can inspire some of you to come for a visit...


Our front door is in a hallway (much like a hotel) so this is our apartment, or atleast the bottom half with the sliding door. But we do have a nicely secluded "yard" area.

Our apartment building with some of the complex. The actual complex is pretty large, and they're still planning to build more buildings.
One of the old factories and/or industrial buildings nearby. A lot of these have been converted into offices or shops.
The commuter rail stop in Melrose. We like how the station looks all old-timey and such.
A view of Main Street, Melrose. Of course, it would be much more scenic without the cars, but what can you do?

After Dinner Smile

The Boston, MA Temple at night. We went to the temple on Saturday and got to do baptisms. It was nice to be at the temple again especially since at that time I wasn't sure if my Grandpa had passed away or not. It turns out that while we were inside my parents were trying to call me to tell me he had, so it was kind of nice to be in such a quiet, sacred place.

Another photo to show off Kent's photographic skills....

P.S. If anyone knows how to get the pictures to go the right direction in the blog, PLEASE, let me know.

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Mel - do you upload them when they are already in the direction you want them in? Cute cute Melrose. Looks like I'll have to come visit ... sometime.

Melanie said...

I do...and they still flip the other way! I feel like I'm missing something!

And please come and visit Ms. Cooper. Boston is not the same without you...

P.S. Kent and I just joined the Jeep family...