Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick Update...and No, It's Not Thailand

For those of you who keep up with these Hansens, you know that in order to prevent Kent from sharing the anniversary of his birth, he provides me with my very own Mellintine's Day. Every January he picks a weekend and surprises me with a little love and romance.


This year, since we were still recovering from our trip, we didn't do anything too crazy, but Kent made me a delicious dinner and surprised me with some beautiful flowers and a bag full of goodies. Some of those goodies included scented oils so Kent could give me a massage. He picked a few things up in Thailand during his very first massage. And he even agreed to watch Pride & Prejudice with me (the new version), although he didn't make it too far. But aside from the flowers, I think my favorite part was that he wrote out all of these Valentines and hid them around our room. In fact I still haven't found all of them, and it's a nice surprise when I happen upon one as I get ready for work in the morning. Yes ladies, you are free to be jealous that this one is no longer on the market...

In other news, the snow just seems to keep on coming. We thought we had missed all the big storms while we were away, but apparently Mother Nature saved a few good ones for us. This was the first weekend since we've been back that it hasn't snowed. Oddly enough, we're enjoying it all. I think it helps to spend a few weeks in a nice, sunny place. We decided to take advantage of the fresh snow last weekend and build a few friends.




Kent's goal was to build the biggest snowball ever, and I think we got pretty close. Seriously, look how much taller it is than Kent. You are all free to be impressed. I couldn't even get up for a kiss. And if you want to be truly enlightened, ask Kent about his "Allegory of the Snowmen" the next time you talk to him.

And now the long awaited Made in Thailand Kent Suit:


"Yeah, like the guy in the $3000 suit is gonna hold the door for the guy who doesn't make that in a year. Come on!"

8 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I am so honored to be the first to leave a comment. I have been checking your blog every five minutes since your last post to make sure I could get this spot.

Wow, Kent is quite a guy. Too bad...GROSS!

P.S. Loved the quote. And the suit is good too.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

P.S. AGAIN: Kent, everyone who reads my blogs is more entertained with your comments than my actual blog.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Well might as well go for three comments here, so that you can check your blog and see that you got three whole comments so far only to be disappointed to see that it's me THREE TIMES.

Sucka!

Liesl said...

I'm a VERY big fan of the suit. But I love 3-piecers. Or whatever those things are called. But I think Kent should get a zoot suit, because those things are hideously awesome. The last picture reminds me vaguely of Brandon Flowers, the lead singer for the Killers.

kurt said...

I'm jealous of your time with Kent, too. Jealous of his amazing Civ prowess...he's come a long way.

Kent said...

It's not like I've NEVER watched all of P&P, in fact I've seen it like 3 or 4 times already. I was just too dagnabbed tired to finish it that night.

Brian said...

So what's this great "Allegory of the Snowmen?"

JoEllen said...

Happy Mellentines, Mel! Glad the tradition continues. Those were some honkin snowmen. Wow. BTW, I don't think I have your # anymore, can you email it to me?