Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mulch time!

The grass near the street, the house, and the big tree was struggling to thicken up, so we decided to cut it out and transplant it in the back. Of course, you can't just have dirt there, so we turned it into a future garden. I had a few bricks left over, so I used that as the border.

Below we see the section by the house, which didn't get any bricks as a border:
Marked for sod removalAfter removal (and a big rain storm)Finished result

The corner section between the big tree and the street:

This corner had some stumps that had to be removed and that was a tremendous painThis is my proudest part here, no more evidence of the stump!


The section next to the road:

The bishop had some mulch that we used here to supplement the black mulch.We'll plant bushes and flowers in the fall, probably.


Just for fun, let's watch the dump truck!



Notice the steam

4 cubic yards of mulch. Pretty stinky, too!


Yes, I'm just stalling because I don't have a new Terrence ready.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love your tales of landscaping almost as much as your Terrence stories. Honestly, every time you post about this crap Sam and I have a ten minute discussion about how we are completely unmotivated and would never get something like this done... just so you know how exciting we are...

MamiJo said...

Looks great...lots better than our flower beds, anyway. I'm waiting for the flowers w/ baited breath! Probably bad breath, I haven't brushed my teeth yet.

Bruce Hansen said...

That's some impressive stump-removal. I've removed a couple of stumps in my day, and that's a couple of stumps too many, as far as I'm concerned. Got one in my backyard right now, in fact, that I think looks great as it is.

Those will all make great beds.