Sunday, April 11, 2010

Serious Hendrik time


Welcome to Hendrik time! Meet our main subject, Hendrik, with his pal King Striples.

Nyet picture, you stupeed American! You tink I like dees pictures? You tink I guilty in the war crimes? Nyet! Nyet, nyet, nyet!

You stupeed Americans and you stupid Mac-uh-donald, you not know how cook real meat sandvich! I give you meat sandvich right in nose!


My old mission comp, Kevin Gertsch, graced us with a visit a couple of weeks ago with his family. His daughter, Jillian, loved to pay Hendrik quite a lot of attention, just like he gets at church.
Mel, Hench, Peter, Chelsea, Kevin, and Jillian in front of Old Ironsides.
2 little ones admiring each other.
It was the coldest day of the month!
Avast ye scurvy dogs! Yarrrrr!
In front of the city he was born in.

Harvard-Kent! What a great match!




Guess who cleaned up with the spoils of Easter? Guess who didn't give a flying hoot? (Hint: It's the same person)
Last Wednesday, the stars aligned and we took Hendrik into work with us and it also happened to be almost 90 degrees in the city. So we walked around the Common and took pics.
Just let me finish up this report and I'll be right with you.
Buy, buy, buy!!! Wait...sell, sell, sell!!!




Where's Hendrik?
There he is! Now where the H are his parents?

One of the reasons why it's been so long since we posted is because our basement flooded 3 times in the last month. We got 19 inches of rain in March, the 2nd wettest month in Mass history, second only to August 1955, when we got 2 hurricanes! We're pretty sick of rain.




10 comments:

Melanie said...

Please excuse Jillian's "Britney" shot. And all my "tired, old, hag" shots. Just focus on Hendrik, he's obviously the best part of all of this.

Vanessa said...

Well it's about FREAKIN' time! You were about to get a severe blog lashing from me. Luckily those cute pictures of Hendo distracted me. But I still feel like we're not even really friends anymore. Time to recommit to this cyber-relationship. Flooding basement or not!

Mel, no need to excuse the tired, old, hag shots. For one, you look great! And for two, no one feels judgy towards new moms. And if they do, block them from your blog.

I especially enjoyed little Stalin Hendo. Warmed me little heart.

Liesl said...

Man, Hindu sure is cute, but probably not as cute as me. Except he could give me a run for my money when he wears that Russian hat.

KevandChels said...

We made the blog! Thanks guys. Lots of fun. We're totally there for future choc. chip cookie runs.

kurt said...

The very first picture looks a ton like Kent.

Vanessa said...

Kent. The blog you so lovingly directed me to has nearly caused me to take my own life no less that 14 times. I. CAN'T. HANDLE.

Thank you for that.

Vanessa said...

P.S. But of course I will accept the mission.

JoEllen said...

Good thing you went for the moisture resistant drywall. Any permanent damage or did you escape scot-free?

Cute baby. I am sad that I still haven't met him in person, although clearly you are telling him all about me, since he's sporting a "My Auntie is the BEST" shirt in one of the pics. Thanks guys.

We would LOVE to see you in Utah. However, my kids are in school, and the nazis in the educational system chop off heads (and don't let you advance) if you miss more than a couple days w/o a dr's notice... and it would have to be more than a couple days if we spend that kind of cash on plane tix or that kind of time in the car. Lousy planning on my part! I am hoping to go for a quick trip in August. Maybe another in Dec?

Brooke said...

I can't believe how much Henrick is growing up. He is absolutely adorable!!!!! I loved looking at the photos and definitely enjoyed the commentary.

Brian said...

"Tired old hag?" Who's the tired old hag? Those were a bunch of nice pictures; I thought the ones with Melanie holding Hendrik were the best, actually.