Friday, March 6, 2009

Angry about Angry

I had an Angry Whopper last night. Even though I didn't ask them to hold the Angry, they went ahead and held it anyway. That's right, no jalapenos. So was I excited that I didn't have to pick out the jalapenos? No! And here's why, I'm going to tell you right now, if you just keep reading you'll find out, don't give up, you're almost there: Because the Angry Whopper (minus the Angry) was no good. It tasted like a regular Whopper, but with onion rings and a smidgen of Angry sauce. It turns out that the jalaps add a good amount of flavor to the sandwich, even if you pick them out. Because of that, my Angry was most Unsatisfactory. Plus, there was this huge clump of iceberg lettuce that took up half my sandwich. I hate it when they give me the huge clumps of iceberg.

So it tasted like a regular Whopper, which is what I used to order before his angry brother came along. So that's not such a bad thing, is it? Of course it is! That's like going back to a crappy old Nokia when you've been using a Blackberry Curve for the last 3 years! Once you go Blackberry, you don't go back (berry).

My point here is that the Angry Whopper didn't reach its potential. It could be so much better, but one of the highly-motivated BK employees screwed it all up. It withheld its greatness from the world. Let this be a lesson to us all. I feel like closing this with a standard Mormon ending to a talk or a prayer (you know what I'm talkin' about, don't pretend like you've never had the urge to say it in a normal conversation--or maybe you have a meeting at work and you feel like you should open it with a song and a prayer). But I won't.

7 comments:

Liesl said...

I'm glad to see you don't waste your time getting angry about stupid things. Go Kent!

JoEllen said...

I think you should have said a few things like "with every fiber of my being," referred to the Missionary Guide, and maybe cried a little.

Pete said...

I don't eat very much at Burger King. I don't think they have any out here. We do have lots of Wendy's and McDonald's. There is an absurd amount of Dunkin Donuts. But Burger King burgers never had the right ratio of burger to bread. I prefer the McDonald's Double Cheese or the Wendy's burgers.

kurt said...

Pete, there is no such thing as an "absurd amount of Dunkin' Donuts." And to say that a McDonald's ANYTHING is better than anything else is simply wrong. I urge you to repent. Now.

People can have opinions, as long as they agree with mine.

Brian said...

I'm with Kurt (woo). Of course, I don't have any other choice.

Vanessa said...

I'm simply astounded that there is not only one, but TWO posts here about hamburgers. Not only am I astounded, but delighted! Now I will have to take your recommendation and order-don't tell Sam. I do most of my fast food eating during the day, without his judging eyes boring holes in my head while eat. As always, thanks for the entertainment.

Vanessa said...

I am double dipping here but I felt the need to tell you ... last night Sam came home from work rather grumpy and hungry. After he stuck his nose up at several delicious options I listed for dinner I pulled up your blog and read him this post. His eyes immediately lit up with glee and I hopped in the car to get him an Angry Whopper. I'm delighted to report that it is now his "go to" fast food of choice. Thanks so much for touching our lives.