Saturday, November 16, 2013

Glog - BYU vs Idaho State

KVN's and Hoffman's last home game!  I, for one, will miss them.  Both of them are in my top 10 list of favorite Cougs since I've been watching.  Not on the list: Bret Engemann.

This is the first BYUTV game I've watched this year.  I haven't missed Blaine.  I don't mind what Blaine says, but his voice is kind of grating.  On the flip side, I love McCann - he's a great play by play guy.

Maverik is sponsoring the opening kick.  I used to get gas there all the time when I delivered pizza!  In '98, the prices were as low as 90 cents a gallon.  The cat drank unleaded instead of milk.

1st drive - BYU ball

Crowd is sparse.  Weather looks terrible.

And Hoffman delivers on the 1st drive.  Blaine makes the point that very few people can make that grab, and he's right.  We've been spoiled with Hoffman.

We throw the fade to Ridley on 1st and goal.  I hate the fade - it seems like such a low percentage play, but at least it was on 1st down.

Williams into the end zone!  The crowd heads for the exits.

2nd drive - ISU ball

3 and out.  They threw 3 passes, one was dropped.  I like the fact that they're throwing so much - more potential for more possessions.

3rd drive - BYU ball

INT on the first play.  Not a bad decision, just a bad throw.

4th drive - ISU ball

2 runs and they get down to the 20.  My prediction is 49-7 so there better not be any FGs.  I'm rooting for them to score a TD here.

D is looking pretty lackadaisacal.

There is a LOT of screaming going on.  What are they doing to the fans there?

ISU totally chokes and has to kick a FG.  There goes my prediction and the shut-out!  The ISU coach has met his goal - he doesn't care how the rest of the game goes.

5th drive - BYU ball

We went for it - and Jamal takes it to the house!  Really surprised we went for it.  Williams finally breaks a big one, although it was against an FCS opponent.

6th drive - ISU ball

Fake punt!  ISU came to play!

7th drive - BYU

Williams is touching the ball every play.  What a hogball!

Hill keeps it.  I don't want to see Hill run it again this game.

8th drive - ISU

Even though this game is pretty boring already, I loved attending these types of games growing up.  No pressure, we knew we were going to kill the other team, so we punks usually deserted the old man and roamed the empty stadium and made jokes about passing efficiency and stats. 

9th drive - BYU

Hoffman with a nice punt return.  He gets lots of airtime on my glogs.

Hill runs it for a few yards.  Bench him!

****End of 1st Q

These BYUTV graphics are pretty cool.  I'm impressed.

Nice pass for a TD to Ridley!  NOW it's time to bench Hill.

10th drive - ISU

Dinner update - Mel is picking up some burgers for us, and I just made Kraft Mac & Chemicals for H.  Adelaide is still snoozin'.  I can still remember the first time I had Mac & Chemicals - it was at the Judds house, I was probably 12 or 13 and I thought it was the best stuff ever.  I had it sporadically at other people's houses until I moved out after high school, when I had it all the time, realized it was garbage, and haven't touched it since.

Fumble!  Cougs jump on it.

11th drive - BYU

INT!  Hill *should've* thrown it away if it was a good opponent, but I don't mind taking those chances there.  Another foot and Hoffman might have a TD.

12th drive - ISU

BYU's D now is dominating.  Almost had a pick or safety there.

13th drive - BYU

Hendrik hates the Cougar cat noise or whatever that thing is.  He says, "I don't like the tiger.  I just like the sock (Red Sox)."  I don't think I'll have much influence over his favorite teams.  He usually picks the other team when we're watching a game.

14th drive - ISU

Kaufusi with the pick 6!  McCann called it - and KVN with the assist.  35-3 now, so we should hit 49 pretty easily.

15th drive - ISU

ISU now 2-for-2 on screen passes, both have been intercepted.   

Nevermind!  Overturned.

16th drive - BYU

Another INT.  Terrible decision.  Hill needs to realize that these are stat fests - not bad stat fests.

17th drive - ISU

I need them to score a FG here, and then kick an extra point after the FG.  Here comes the kicking unit - Make that kick!  Make that kick!

...and it's blocked.  Didn't they hear what I was chanting?

18th drive - BYU

Hill is still out there.  This guy is terrible - 3 INTs?  Yank him!

Brown with an awesome run.  I liked his battering ram move at the end.

Blaine is more concerned about Hill's stats than the Hansens.  I didn't think that was possible.

Hill has made some absolutely terrible throws today.  I'm not going to blame him, since we're up 32 and the weather is terrible.  Grip could be bad.

Touchdown!  42-3.  84 points is not out of reach.

Blaine on kicker Sorenson: "He's been almost automatic from anywhere on the field this year."  I will admit that he's been pretty solid this year inside of 40, but I think our standards after last year are beyond low.

19th drive - ISU

ISU runs it on first down, 3 minutes left.  Call timeout!  We could still score another!

Now taking guesses for total passes BYU will throw in the 2nd half.  My guess: 10.

20th drive - BYU

Olsen comes out to practice his handing off.  The first one was solid. I like what I see so far.

The 2nd handoff is just as successful.  Olsen is on fire!

Olsen hands it off for a TD!  49-3.  My prediction is in some serious trouble.

****Halftime 

Hine with a TD on the first play.  ISU's given up.  We're going to have to start kneeling on it.

Olsen comes out after only 2 drives and 5 handoffs.  His handoff efficiency was off the charts - something like 5-5, 130 yards, 2 touchdowns.  Amazing!

Stewart goes back to pass and blows it by not throwing it.  I don't care if nobody's open, you throw the ball!  How many other chances will you ever get?

Olsen comes back in and hands it off for 30 more yards on the first play.  This guy is uncanny.  Heisman candidate!

We kick the FG and the band still plays the fight song.  Not one person in the stands is seen rah-rah-rahing.

3rd quarter play selection: 8 plays, 8 runs.  We may not even have a pass in the 2nd half.  My 10 guess earlier is looking foolish.

Stewart throws a pass!  And then is immediately benched.

He throws another pass - right in the dirt.  Stewart's passing efficiency is negative.

Olsen throws 2 passes.  If you had 4 second half passes, you win.


No comments: