Thursday, February 14, 2013

14 Days of Kent: Day 14


When I was younger, somehow I found out that my parents had written letters to each other during a period of time that they had to be apart. Some of those letters were original poems my dad had written for my mom. My Dad will probably hate that I'm sharing this, but seriously, how romantic is that? 



So Kent, all the posts from the last 13 days have been my love letters to you. I wanted to attempt to show you just how much you mean to me and how grateful I am that you chose me. Hopefully you've gotten a little bit of that. It's kind of hard to accurately express a love that fills you up so completely, but I’ve tried and I’ll keep trying. I couldn’t be happier to be married to you!



I’m so blessed to have a husband that genuinely wants to make me happy and give me all the things I want. I’m glad that we have so much in common and can relate to each other in an infinite number of ways. I’m grateful that we can have fun doing anything together, even if it’s doing nothing.



Hopefully you’ve enjoyed the things I’ve written about you, but it has really been good for me. It’s helped me take some time to focus and define some of the things that I really love about you. It’s helped me remember why I’m so happy and how grateful I am to have you as my husband. You have given me so much in this life: love, home, children, just to name a few, and so many of those we’ll be able to keep for eternity.



Thank you for sharing your life with me. You make me laugh, even if it’s at myself.



Thank you for helping me relax and enjoy life, including taking time to appreciate sunsets.



Thank you for telling me I’m beautiful on the days that I look my worst.



Thank you for giving me my two beautiful children and for being an active participant in their lives.



Thank you for wanting to surprise me, even when it doesn’t work out the way you planned.



Thank you for not giving up on me and helping me to be a better person.



Thank you for learning to be a better “girlfriend” and just listening to me rant instead of offering up a solution.



Thank you for being my best friend, lover, and role model. I LOVE YOU KENT!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It’s exciting to think I’ll get to spend the next 33 birthdays with you.   


This is how I knew I could have babies with you - ADORABLE!
Your first birthday as a husband
Your first birthday as a father


1 comment:

Brian said...

That was a really nice conclusion to a thoughtful gift to Kent. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

I hope my wife never does that for me, because then I'll feel totally guilty.