Saturday, February 2, 2013

14 Days of Kent: Day 2


After reading my post from yesterday Kent looked at me and said, "Thanks Mel. That's really nice, but I think you're going to run out of material after the first few days." Oh Kent...have a little faith in me. Apparently in our 5 1/2 years of marriage I have done a horrendous job of expressing my love for you. So please pay attention over the next two weeks...

Not every reason I love Kent can be deep, so I’ll get the superficial one out of the way early on: Kent is easily the sexiest man I know. He’s always asking me if I think “so and so” celebrity is hot, and while many of them may be good-looking or attractive, I have a hard time giving anyone “hot” status. In truth, the only one I’ve ever mentioned is Mark Wahlberg, so Kent always teases me about that. But Kent is by far my favorite guy.

Before we were married, I kept waiting for the day when I would see him and not get the little flutter in my stomach, and kept being surprised when it was always there. I would go over to Kent’s apartment and he’d be wearing some ratty pajama pants and a stained BYU sweatshirt and I still thought he was the sexiest man ever. It really doesn’t matter what he’s wearing, whether he’s showered or not, long hair, short hair, clean-shaven, or yes, even with a beard (Kent will never let me forget that!), I still find him wildly attractive. Even today as we were walking around the mall, he was wearing a pair of jeans, long-sleeve t-shirt, and a baseball cap, and I just thought, “Man, I love that guy.”

I know that Kent, and perhaps a few of his brothers, think he has put on a little extra weight, but to be honest, I like Kent's size. When we were first dating I was a little worried that he might be too thin - my worst fear is being married to a man that weighs less than me. Luckily when I was pregnant with Hendrik Kent gained weight with me and I'm okay with the fact that he kept it. Are you getting the message? I LOVE the way Kent looks! LOVE it! 

I’m also aware that Kent becomes more attractive to me through the lens of our love, but seriously guys, the celebrities in People Magazine have nothing on my Kent. He is the sexiest man alive, no contest. Do you think I’ve embarrassed him enough? Well if you think “yes”, you’re wrong. It’s nearly impossible to embarrass Kent, but that’s a post for another day.

I know that physical attraction isn’t the most important element in our marriage, but I don’t think it hurts! I’m really grateful to have a husband I am so attracted to. Perhaps Kent can’t take all the credit for his good looks, so thank you Mom and Dad Hansen for making such a delicious specimen of a man!


1 comment:

gary_hansen@byu.edu said...

I'm looking forward to the rest of the 14 days of Kent!